Saturday, August 22, 2020 | 12:30-4pm
New Location! Meridian Park Elementary
Register now! Registration deadline: July 31
- Online at www.btsconsortium.org
- Mail in a registration form
- Call the BTS Info Line at 206-393-4916
Leave a message and a volunteer will call back
- Contact your School Nurse or Family Advocate
This year’s Event will look different due to social distancing requirements. Parents and guardians are requested to send only one adult representative per family; please leave children at home.
The Back to School Event provides school supplies and clothing assistance for families who are living with a low income and/or experiencing circumstances in their life that make it challenging to prepare their children for going back to school.
Where: (NEW LOCATION) Meridian Park Elementary, 17077 Meridian Avenue N.
When: Saturday, August 22 from 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Who: Students who attend Shoreline School District schools and students that live in the Shoreline School District boundaries.
IMPORTANT: This year, parents and guardians are requested to send only one representative per family; please leave children at home.
What will be provided: One family representative will be able to pick up a backpack, school supplies, hygiene items, socks, and underwear for each student in Pre-K - 12th grade. This year, we are sorry that we will not be able to hold the resource fair (including lunch) or providing haircuts.
To Register for the BTS Event: To attend the August 22nd event and receive supplies, please visit www.btsconsortium.org, or call The WORKS information line at 206-393-4916 and leave a message. School Family Advocates can assist with registration, too.
To Support the BTS Event: There are many ways to support in this event and our students:
1. Donate Money: To make a financial donation, please visit http://btsconsortium.org/donate.html and look for the “Donate Now” button.
2. Donate Critical Items: This year’s most needed school supplies are: Large backpacks, composition notebooks, earbuds, pointed and blunt tip scissors, fine line color markers, and scientific calculators. A full list of items can be found here: http://btsconsortium.org/donate.html#supplies
In July, donations of items can be made two ways:
· On July 25 from 9:00am - 2:00pm, drop off at The WORKS, 18560 1st Ave. NE, Shoreline
· Drop off anytime in July at the Center for Human Services, 17018 15th Ave. NE, Shoreline.
· Drop Box Locations: We hope to have other drop box locations beginning in July, depending on COVID-19 restrictions. Drop box sites include: The Dale Turner Family YMCA, Spartan Gym, Third Place Books and all the Shoreline and LFP Starbucks. Look for the boxes with the yellow school bus logo.
3. Volunteer: Opportunities to volunteer prior to or on the day of the event will be posted on the Back to School Consortium website: http://www.btsconsortium.org/ or feel free to leave a message on The WORKS information line, 206-393-4916.
For more information or if you have questions, please visit the BTS website: http://www.btsconsortium.org/
THANK YOU to our Back to School Consortium Members: The Center for Human Services; City of Shoreline; Dale Turner Family YMCA; Hopelink; Ronald United Methodist Church; The Salvation Army; Shoreline Community Care; Shoreline School District; Rotary of Lake Forest Park; and The WORKS of Shoreline PTA Council. The Shoreline Breakfast Rotary has also participated for many years.